What is a cookie?
- To establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use of the various elements composing the website, in order to optimize the performance of the site.
- To store information relating to a form that you have filled out on the website (registration or account access) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on the site (language chosen, contents of an order basket, etc.), in order to provide you with an optimal user experience adapted to your personal preferences.
- To implement security measures, for example when a reserved access is revoked after a certain period of time.
How can I disable cookies?
You can modify your browser to turn off cookies. This is very easy to do. Please note: if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be stored on any website
- Open Firefox.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the ‘Firefox’ button and then select ‘Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ panel.
- Set ‘Firefox will:’ to ‘Use custom settings for history’. Uncheck ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to disable cookies.
- Click ‘OK’ to close the Options window.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the ‘Tools’ button, and then click ‘Internet Options’.
- Click the ‘Privacy’ tab, and then, under ‘Settings’ move the slider to the top to block all cookies, and then click ‘OK’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the tool icon.
- Select Settings’.
- Near the bottom of the page, click ‘Show advanced settings.
- In the ‘Privacy’ section, click ‘Content settings’.
- To disable cookies, select ‘Block sites from setting any data’.
- Open Safari.
- Choose ‘Preferences’ in the toolbar and then click ‘Privacy’ (You can find the tool bar which looks like a gearwheel, above and on the right in the Safari window.)
- In the ‘Block cookies’ section, you can specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites to see an explanation of the options, click the Help button (question mark)
- If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click Details.